Your mission is to manage complex technology projects, ensure the growth and achievement of your team's goals and drive improvements on your teams’ perimeters.
It is expected that you act as a mentor to help your teams to learn more, progress at their best and deliver high quality products and services.
You will be responsible for the planning, execution and success of complex technological projects: You will also have the function of anticipating blockers and being the one who will make life easier for teams!
Be a pillar of the ManoMano Tech culture, make it live. You are the guarantor of your team's well-being ! Make sure they are happy to come to work every morning.
Keys responsibilities include, although are not limited to :
- Managing a tribe, composed of 2 to 4 teams, between 10-20 engineers, setting objectives and creating suitable Personal Development Plans;
- ensure your teams are high-performing and consistently and iteratively delivering high-impact, high quality work;
- continuously assess your team’s approach and process maturity (with suitable techniques and metrics), and coach them to adopt Agile methods to ensure a successful and sustainable delivery;
- ensure your engineers have the relevant skills (via training, coaching etc.) to deliver business priorities;
- help attract and recruit the best engineering talent;
- partnering with senior engineers to drive technical initiatives that improve our engineering practices;
- participate with the Head of Engineering in defining a long-term direction for the company and setting realistic quarterly objectives in alignment with ManoMano’s interests;
- help other teams achieve their goals by supporting them on the use of tools, libraries and architecture.
At ManoMano we love and aspire to :
- Push often and serenely to production;
- software craftsmanship: clean code, testing, peer programming, code review… ;
- monitor code and functionalities (mistakes, product metrics);
- take advantage of containers flexibility (docker);
- leverage cloud scalability (AWS);
- migrate to micro-services and event-based architectures;
- cultivating CI / CD and Agility.
Microservices built with :
Java >= 8 with SpringBoot 2 / Kotlin
PHP >= 7 with Symfony 5.2
React (Next.js) and Redux for our front-end
React Native mobile apps
MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL for data storage, Redis for caching
RabbitMQ, Kafka for messaging and streaming
Git / Gitlab for continuous integration
AWS for hosting with a move to Kubernetes for containerisation & orchestration
- Minimum 10 years of experience;
- a solid experience in technical teams management (more than 8 people) and in project management;
- previous experience as Senior Lead Developer / Engineering Manager ideally;
- soul of a leader and like to drive ambitious projects;
- creative / Innovative;
- data Driven in decision making;
- fluent in english;
- autonomous and adaptable (able to work in a constantly changing environment);
- team spirit and excellent interpersonal skills, as well as a good sense of humor!;
- curious with a strong desire to test and experiment new solutions in your work;
- new technologies / e-commerce have no secrets for you.
At ManoMano we offer :
- Fast growing scale-up environment
- international & agile company
- attend external events, fairs & Meetups
- sponsorings to external conferences - organisation of internal and external Meetups
- crafternoons every Thursday afternoon (share your knowledges, learn from others)
- 35 holidays
- 2 days a week work from home
- attractive salary (package)