To consolidate its position as DIY and Gardening online leader, ManoMano has put technology at the heart of its strategy.
We are convinced it is by fluidly delivering qualitative products that we will be able to offer our clients and merchants all the functionalities to revolutionise their online DIY experience.
As a fast growing company, we are always on the look for ingenious and passionate people.
At ManoMano, we love and aspire to
- Push often and serenely to production
- Monitor code and functionalities (mistakes, product metrics)
- Take advantage of containers flexibility (docker)
- Leverage cloud scalability (AWS)
- Migrate to a micro-services architecture
- Cultivating continuous improvement
The Platform Engineering will help build our future by providing a global perimeter to address ManoMano business challenges carried by the Product teams. It is made of 6 teams.
Among those, the Pulse team aims to automate and industrialize observability, incident management, performances, FinOps to be able to observe and understand the whole ManoMano Tech and Business and handle the unexpected. It provides advice and planning and offers the necessary tools to the different feature teams to master these topics.
As a Performance Engineer you will apply your technical skills to solve some of the Internet's most difficult content delivery challenges. You will work closely with feature teams to implement strategies to improve our website, microservices and api performances. You'll have the opportunity to see your solutions and innovations come to life. This is a critical topic and we are looking for a good team player with a background as FrontEnd Developer to join us. We're looking for a great engineer who can help build great things together.
As Performance Engineer you will
- Work closely with business units to define quality of service requirements
- Work closely with engineering teams to guide the adoption of new processes and improve the performance of the main website, microservices, micro frontend and mobile applications
- Work with Engineering teams (Developers & SEO) to specify feature sets aimed at improving performance and facilitating measurement, monitoring, and benchmarking.
Of course, you will interact too with all manomanoTech teams and will be able to work on cross projects as well. Pulse is also at the initiative of some chaos engineering events and we expect you to participate and animate them.
- Mastering all good practices at the front to optimize the experience and desktop/mobile performance with Google Core Web Vitals
- Mastering performance measurement tools Google Lighthouse, PageSpeed Insights, Webpagetest.org.
- Experience with Internet protocols (DNS, HTTP, SSL)
- Show experience with algorithmic design and coding (e.g. Python, PHP, Go…).
- Having a background in performance would be a plus for mentoring other teams
- You have strong foundational knowledge of modern, distributed computing.
- Excellente digital culture and Data Driven
- Autonomous and adaptable (desire to work in a fast growing environment / Start-up)
- Humble et curious with a big appetite to learn discover and experiment new things
- Team spirit and great communication skills
- You come to work with good intentions and good vibes
- High level of English
React, JS, CDN, caching, web vitals, lighthouse, sitespeed.io, Datadog, SEO
We do at ManoMano
- Software craftsmanship: clean code, testing, peer programming, code review…
- Devops: CI/CD, observability…
- PHP/Symfony, Java SpringBoot, React, Gradle, Quarkus, Python, Go, NodeJS, MariaDB, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Redis, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Docker, Linux, AWS…
- GSuite, Slack, Confluence, Draw, JIRA…
What we offer at ManoManoFast growing start-up environmentInternational & agile company 2 days per week work from homeSponsorings to external conferences - organisation of internal and external MeetupsCrafternoons every Thursday afternoon (share your knowledges, learn from others)Amazing work environment in Paris 17th, Barcelona & BordeauxMac, PC or Linux: it’s up to you!