Launched in 2013, ManoMano is the European leader specialised in DIY, home improvement and gardening online. ManoMano brings together the largest offer of DIY & gardening online products. With more than 3600 seller partners and 10 million products, ManoMano brings together the largest offer across 6 countries : France, Belgium, Spain, Italy, Germany, United Kingdom.
We currently are 650 Manas & Manos, including a quarter of international talents and 24 nationalities, working in our 4 offices (Paris x2, Bordeaux and Barcelona). People are at the heart of ManoMano’s culture around our 3 core values : boldness, ingeniosity and care.
Joining us is a tremendous human and business adventure ! We offer an ideal and (hyper)dynamic environment to put your skills on innovative and concrete projects on a European scale.
Have a look at our Blog : https://medium.com/manomano-tech
POSITION PURPUSE :
As part of our global Responsibility strategy, we aim at reducing the environmental impact of our IT development.
This position has a double objective:
1) Implement an effective monitoring of our IT impact
2) Reduce this impact accordingly through strategic prioritization
3) Lead and/or participate in responsible topics carried by the Tech organization (hardware recycling, work with external foundations, ManoSchool...)
SCOPE & MAIN CHALEENGES :
* Scope : Part of IT : Platform engineering team
* Multiple interfaces within and without IT teams with a need to properly understand existing trade-offs requiring careful consideration when confronting environmental concerns.
* Put our IT environmental impact reduction to the same level as our key business metrics.
- Identify major drivers and associated risks of our IT carbon emissions to implement a global impact assessment, through infrastructure & process analysis.
- Implement a follow-up strategy based on existing monitoring tools to report on our environmental performance.
- Build ManoMano IT impact reduction strategy, through the elaboration of strong business cases to arbitrate on the most efficient & sustainable solutions to transform our IT development.
- Pilot overall actions to reduce this global impact accordingly, based on targeted environmental KPIs in line with our business and tech development goals.
- Empower Tech & Product teams to explore associated innovations & prioritize impact reduction actions in their daily activities e.g. facilitate engagement during weekly crafternoon times.
- Be the referent within Tech teams to promote any other social impact initiatives and raise awareness of ongoing programs e g ManoSchool, Hack4values, skills sponsorship & mentoring.
- Monitor global impact reduction and report on results & achievements, as part of our - ManoMano global CSR reporting implementation.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE :
- Tech engineering background (developer, SRE, architect.. ) with a strong DevOps and agile at scale culture.
- Mandatory experience in IT Sustainability.
BONUS SKILLS :
Experience with Datadog or other monitoring systems (Grafana, ELK).
Understanding of Cloud concepts and the stakes involved in a fast-growing Tech environment with multiple stakeholders.
Ability to work in an international environment.
- Fast growing start-up environment
- international & agile company
- sponsorings to external conferences - organisation of internal and external Meetups
- crafternoons every Thursday afternoon (share your knowledges, learn from others)
- 35 holidays
- 3 days a week work from home
- attractive salary (package)